Spun out of the latest research at Cambridge, Matta is applying the latest deep learning techniques to develop first 3D printers which can learn how to manufacture objects by themselves. The creation of a powerful monitoring AI for closed-loop control and quality assurance is the first step towards changing how additive manufacturing is used in industry at scale. Ultimately our learning algorithms will unlock a new manufacturing paradigm, enabling the autonomous design of highly complex multi-material parts for future applications in robotics, healthcare, aerospace, and more. Join an incredible team of world-leading researchers from the fields of computer science, manufacturing, automation, and materials science who are leading the way in truly digitising future manufacturing. Think all of this sounds pretty cool (that’s because it is…) then get in touch and help our team make this a reality.
As a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer at Matta you will be building out the architecture of our printing network, constructing backend systems for data storage and manipulation, and creating frontend interfaces/dashboards for the team and customers. You will be working with our machine learning team, integrations team, and AM experts to develop to create a finished product ready for deployment and work with our research team to integrate development tools. This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to learn about numerous state-of-the-art technologies whilst working with a range of incredibly talented people, providing the software glue from hardware, to AI, to customer.
Ideal candidates would have the following technical skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics or Machine Learning or related technical field.
- Understanding of some of the following: PostgreSQL, Flask, Django, AWS, GCP, Vue.js, React.
- Experince with the best practices and design patterns: RESTful API design, Microservice architecture, relational and non-relational database design.
- Management or individual contributor experience working on large-scale projects.
- Experience in applying experimental ideas to applied problems.
- Prior experience collaborating with researchers and working with product teams.
- Experience working on projects from proof-of-concept through to implementation.
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Software engineer interpersonal skills (discuss technical ideas effectively with colleagues, e.g. through whiteboard, design docs, presentations, etc.).
- Experience writing clean and readable code, as well as reviewing peers' code.
Above all, we are looking to build a team of creative, outside-of-the-box thinking problem solvers. For this, candidates should be:
- Capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals, and taking a project from concept to completion.
- Self-directed, self-organised, proactive, and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Team players with excellent communication skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Enthusiastic tea or coffee drinkers who enjoy a good biscuit or two and a good slice of cake (this is the most important criteria).
At Matta, we value diversity to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of any basis. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that may require accommodation.
Make your first move in pushing your career forward. Drop us your CV and a cover letter to apply. (We also like surprises!)