Spun out of the latest research at Cambridge, Matta is applying the latest deep learning techniques to develop first 3D printers which can learn how to manufacture objects by themselves. The creation of a powerful monitoring AI for closed-loop control and quality assurance is the first step towards changing how additive manufacturing is used in industry at scale. Ultimately our learning algorithms will unlock a new manufacturing paradigm, enabling the autonomous design of highly complex multi-material parts for future applications in robotics, healthcare, aerospace, and more. Join an incredible team of world-leading researchers from the fields of computer science, manufacturing, automation, and materials science who are leading the way in truly digitising future manufacturing. Think all of this sounds pretty cool (that’s because it is…) then get in touch and help our team make this a reality.
As a Metal AM Process Engineer at Matta you will be leading the effort in applying our software stack and technology to metal based systems. You will be working with our machine learning team and integrations team to develop and hone our AI for metal manufacturing. This role will include significant collaboration with both industry and academia to learn about issues faced in the real world across diverse machines, geometries, and materials. You provide the link between internal R&D and metal manufacturing application, transferring knowledge gained during collaborations to simulations and models for the rest of the team to work with.
Ideal candidates would have the following technical skills:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field with 2+ years of metal Additive Manufacturing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of metal AM processes, usage pipeline, and operations.
- Ability to develop and design experiments, analyse data, apply statistical techniques, and validate processes.
- Experience in modifying existing manufacturing systems and in developing new manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of toolpath generation, slicing, and G-code; alongside the role process parameters play during manufacture.
- Comfortable with CAD packages such as Solidworks or the Autodesk Suite.
- Experience with simulation packages, modelling tools, or finite element techniques.
- Prior knowledge materials / metals related fields.
Above all, we are looking to build a team of creative, outside-of-the-box thinking problem solvers. For this, candidates should be:
- Capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals, and taking a project from concept to completion.
- Self-directed, self-organised, proactive, and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Team players with excellent communication skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Enthusiastic tea or coffee drinkers who enjoy a good biscuit or two and a good slice of cake (this is the most important criteria).
At Matta, we value diversity to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of any basis. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that may require accommodation
Make your first move in pushing your career forward. Drop us your CV and a cover letter to apply. (We also like surprises!)