Senior Software Engineer
At Matta we are manufacturing the impossible with AI.
Advanced manufacturing processes are challenging to use, with enterprises suffering from high scrap rates, excessive downtime, and unrealised opportunities. Matta creates AI copilots that mirror and even surpass the best human operators at scale. These copilots understand how parts are made, automate machines, and communicate across the factory. The outcome: improved part quality, heightened yield, and new design and manufacturing possibilities.
Join a small and dynamic team of engineers with experience from institutions such as Cambridge, MIT, Imperial, Google X, and Microsoft. We are based in London & Cambridge and have been in operation since November 2022.
We are offering a full-time, on-site position for a Senior Software Engineer at our HQ in London. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the back-end web development, data pipeline, and integration with our AI workflows that power our manufacturing software solution. We are building the first AI for Manufacturing platform, which will allow users to use our cutting-edge AI models to supercharge their manufacturing processes and operations. Responsibilities will include AI integration, database management, API development, and ensuring scalability as we expand our user base. There will also be opportunities to get involved with UI / UX design and frontend development if desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional backend development experience.
- Proven expertise in Python and frameworks like FastAPI for building RESTful services.
- Experience with relational database design and management, for example with PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and maintain REST API services.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services and architecture.
- Experience with AWS S3 or equivalent cloud object storage solutions.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerisation and orchestration technologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), agile methodologies, and DevOps practices.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience working in a startup environment and the flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Understanding of lower level languages such as C++.
- Familiarity with, or desire to build skills in manufacturing processes like 3D printing, CNC machining, welding, etc.
Above all, we are looking to build a team of creative, outside-of-the-box thinking problem solvers. For this, candidates should be:
- Capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals, and taking a project from concept to completion.
- Self-directed, self-organised, proactive, and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Team players with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Enthusiastic tea or coffee drinkers who enjoy a good biscuit or two and a good slice of cake (this is the most important criteria).
Join us in this exciting opportunity to drive innovation in the manufacturing industry using cutting-edge AI technology. If you're passionate about backend development, artificial intelligence, and digital transformation, we would love to have you on board!
Matta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We offer competitive compensation, the friendliest of teams, a stimulating working environment, and the chance to be a part of transformative innovation.
Make your first move in pushing your career forward. Drop us your CV and a cover letter to apply. (We also like surprises!)