Spun out of the latest research at Cambridge, Matta is applying the latest deep learning techniques to develop first 3D printers which can learn how to manufacture objects by themselves. The creation of a powerful monitoring AI for closed-loop control and quality assurance is the first step towards changing how additive manufacturing is used in industry at scale. Ultimately our learning algorithms will unlock a new manufacturing paradigm, enabling the autonomous design of highly complex multi-material parts for future applications in robotics, healthcare, aerospace, and more. Join an incredible team of world-leading researchers from the fields of computer science, manufacturing, automation, and materials science who are leading the way in truly digitising future manufacturing. Think all of this sounds pretty cool (that’s because it is…) then get in touch and help our team make this a reality.
As a Integration Software Engineer at Matta you will be working on connecting a wide range of 3D printers to our cloud platform. This role is key and will involve inferacing with a range of machine types and firmwares to retrieve the necessary data for our machine learning team. You will also work heavily with the our AM experts and software team to develop easily deployable and scalable gateways to connect to the Matta network. This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to learn about numerous state-of-the-art technologies whilst working with a range of incredibly talented people, providing the software glue from hardware, to AI, to customer.
Ideal candidates would have the following technical skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Strong software engineering skills with fluency in Python (and C/C++ is preferable).
- Happy to work with electronics and hardware.
- Management or individual contributor experience working on large-scale projects.
- Experience in applying experimental ideas to applied problems.
- Prior experience collaborating with researchers and working with product teams.
- Experience working on projects from proof-of-concept through to implementation.
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Software engineer interpersonal skills (discuss technical ideas effectively with colleagues, e.g. through whiteboard, design docs, presentations, etc.).
- Experience writing clean and readable code, as well as reviewing peers' code.
Above all, we are looking to build a team of creative, outside-of-the-box thinking problem solvers. For this, candidates should be:
- Capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals, and taking a project from concept to completion.
- Self-directed, self-organised, proactive, and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Team players with excellent communication skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Enthusiastic tea or coffee drinkers who enjoy a good biscuit or two and a good slice of cake (this is the most important criteria).
At Matta, we value diversity to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of any basis. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that may require accommodation.
Make your first move in pushing your career forward. Drop us your CV and a cover letter to apply. (We also like surprises!)